Meyers Home Inspections
MHI Services, Inc., dba Meyers Home Inspections,
|Morris, Union, Somerset, Warren, Hunterdon & Sussex Counties
|Essex, Hudson, Bergen, Passaic & Middlesex Counties
35 Glenside Road, South Orange NJ 07079
Inspector of record Daniel Meyers, Lic. 24GI00060400
New Jersey Home Inspectors
- All Home Inspections from New Jersey Home Inspectors exceed ASHI and State of NJ standards, are done by personnel with training in all aspects of the home, including the structure and foundation. Not all Home Inspectors in NJ are licensed by the State of NJ, and if you use an unlicensed Home Inspector, you have no assurance that your Home Inspection will be done to the strict standards of the NJ Home Inspector Licensing Act.
- We are fully insured. Not all New Jersey Home Inspectors are insured. An uninsured Home Inspector may have a bad record and may not be able to obtain insurance, or may simply lack the necessary experience to qualify for professional liability insurance.
- We deliver a narrative style report on the condition of the home you are buying. As NJ Home Inspectors, we do not give you a quick "check list" or use an "automated" or "computerized" report, as we feel that these quick report formats can not provide the detail and depth of information you need. Our reports are custom written for the home we inspect.
- You should have your home inspected by an Home Inspector that has engineering training. Although all New Jersey Home Inspectors are required to comment on the structure of the home, if potential structural defects such as foundation cracks or framing damage is seen, most other NJ Home Inspectors are required to refer you to an engineer for further evaluation of the defect. This may cost you more money in addition to the Home Inspection fee you were charged. Only a a licensed professional engineer can legally comment on the structural stability of a building. If structural defects are seen by our inspectors, we will tell you whether the structural defect requires repair, and usually we will tell you how to repair it. We can do this because Meyers Home Inspections works under the supervision of a NJ Licensed Professional Engineer, and all of our inspectors are graduate engineers or have engineering training in structures.
- Experience counts in this business. We have been doing NJ Home Inspections for more than 20 years. We have done thousands of inspections in NJ. A Home Inspection done by a company with more than 20 years experience and thousands of completed Home Inspections is not likely to miss important defects in the home. There are many new home inspection companies now doing business in NJ. Do not be fooled by artificially low prices...they are not likely to be a bargain in the long run.
- We are independent inspectors pledging to to provide you with an unbiased true report on the condition of your home. It is our belief that a Home Inspector should not be specifically recommended by parties that have a financial interest in the outcome of the real estate tranaction. The state of Massachusetts, for example, strongly supports this position, and has laws that prohibit a real estate sales agent from recommending a Home Inspector. NJ does not have such a law yet, so "buyer beware". Choose your Home Inspector yourself for your own protection...and always use New Jersey Licensed Home Inspectors that also have engineering training.
- We will treat you like family. It is important to us that you are fully informed about the condition of the home you are buying. You can feel free to call us any time to discuss the Home Inspection report...there is never an additional charge. If the first home we inspect for you is not the one you buy, we will consider you a preferred customer, and inspect the second one for a discounted price.